Sunday 3 August 2014

GemStück's first Showcase


As some of you might already know, I had the privilege of presenting my work to an audience last weekend. I am really grateful for this experience, because it took me out of one comfort zone right into another - I enjoyed talking jewellery! A Big Thank You to all my friends who come out of their way and supported me on the day - you are the best xx


The exhibition itself ("Up Close & Personal") hosted by Marta Rygol showcased many, very talented artists, such as Jue Chen and Donya Elva to mention the least. It was fantastic being surrounded by these amazing photographs, paintings and drawings, and to talk to people about their work and inspirations. Marta did incredibly well organising this event and deserves a big round of applause for getting so many big talents under the same roof. Therefore, if you have a spare minute guys, I would really appreciate it if you could visit her Sioigin Art Group website and follow the group on twitter @SioiginGroup to show her some support!

I did not have long to get prepared for the showcasing, as it was all last-minute, but I still had a lot of fun getting ready for it. I made some of the displays I took with me to the event myself for an authentic feel - I will have a DIY for you soon to show you how I achieved this.

As I have no experience in doing events like this, I used this opportunity to work with different materials, jewellery findings and colour combinations to create new styles of jewellery goodness. I was very happy with the pieces I took with me and the way everything looked once I was all set up. Here are some photos of the day, and if you see anything you like please leave me a comment below or email me directly at fumereusifo@gmail.com, and we can arrange something.

Preparations at home
At the event














P.S. click on this photo to open these gorgeous Mermaid Earrings in my Store 


To see others like these, just click on the picture

Marta intends to do more of these shows in the future, so if you missed this event, it would be fantastic to see you at the next one - I will keep you posted on the details of the next showcase.

Also, if you have some tips for me for my next showcasing, please drop me a line x

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and I wish you all a great start into the coming week.

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment