Sunday 9 March 2014

Balinese. Free your mind. Create.

Hi guys, I hope you were all out enjoying the sun this afternoon! She is back, and she is bringing Spring with her, and more importantly she is bringing back beautiful fashion and colours to the streets.

Today's post is inspired both by my recent trip to South-East Asia, Bali in this case, which was my last stop, and the awaiting of the next season. Bali is an amazing place to be to free your mind and to work on your creativity - sitting on Kuta beach or letting the waves move you with the ocean or watching traditional Balinese plays or travelling around Bali to visit beautiful temples and waterfalls - all these wonderful experiences certainly got me all fired up and wanting to express these in my jewellery work.

Here are some pictures from my trip to Bali
Balinese Dancers
Entry to a temple on Kuta's main road
Murad Bead Shop - here is were I got my bead fix (twice) - definitely go and visit this shop if you are in Kuta, Bali because it has everything - I did not know where to look for excitement :)
Inside the Beads Heaven - my basket was sooo full
Beads Beads Beads @Murad
Bali inspired me to work with a different wire - copper wire for that matter. I used this wire and the Balinese beads to make simple wire rings, which turned out amazingly. Rose gold is so on trend, and it fits right in with the bright Spring days. I am in love <3 
I should be working on matching earrings for these rings next, and I have a design in mind for one of them already. Stay tuned for updates on that!

Copper wire rings #givingmelife
I wish you all a great start to the week, and look forward to next time. See y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment