Sunday 5 January 2014

Don't Get It Twisted...Wire Jewellery

Hi guys! I hope you are all well and have recovered from all the recent celebrations and festivities.

I am here with my second blog post, and no it is not about  +DBanjVEVO 
(who I could listen to anytime/everytime), but rather it is about my new found love for wire jewellery. 

In the last few weeks I have been twisting, tweaking and winding wires to make a different style of jewellery - I have really enjoyed experimenting and branching out into this side of jewellery making. This technique, together with a simple idea, gives rise to stunning pieces of jewellery that you want to wear!


Working with wire is a bit tricky at the beginning but once you get into the swing of things it gets easier and even becomes therapeutic... So if you are just getting into wire jewellery making and want some inspiration and tutorials, I recommend checking +YouTube and +Google, as most of the stuff on there are easy to follow and fun to recreate - let me know how you get along.

I have included the pieces I have been working on recently, and will keep you updated on future wire projects.

Have fun making wire jewellery and see you soon!


 
I worked on wire rings.. 



Here I worked with aluminium wire to make the bracelet in the background of the picture and green seedbeads for the earrings...


I loved these dark purple glass beads and incorporated them in many projects. Here I made these half-moon earrings and the beaded wire ring...

A tree of life pendant, with the same gorgeous beads...

And here the complete set...

No comments:

Post a Comment