Thursday 23 January 2014

Mixed textures...bracelets

Hey guys, I hope you are all OK! Yeah, it is Friday tomorrow, and the much-needed weekend is just round the corner - phew!

It has been a little quiet around here - sorry about that! It is certainly time to update you on some of the projects that I have been working on. The theme of this project is a r m c a n d y.
I think bracelets are great little things that can add to an outfit - you can find them in every colour, shape and texture, and you can definitely always find one for every occasion: classy, sporty, casual, lazy Sunday brunch with friends..., and they are fun when they are all stacked up on your wrist <3

There are lots and lots of inspiring jewellery websites and great tutorials out there, and I just jumped on the ones I liked. I worked with different sized chains, coloured yarn, beads and wire to make the bracelets below - I had a great time with these beauts, and I have even more fun wearing them! Check out the pictures below.

Chain and Yarn
Mixed texture bracelet: braided yarn and little chains
Tutorial for this cuteness is here

                                                            
                                                  Right-angle weave
Here the weave created a cute flowery design with the light green petals and the coloured core

If you are following GemStück on Instagram, you will know that we were working on this great technique, which very easy to learn and get into. The cool thing is that you can add rows to your project, giving your jewellery a more dynamic look. I'm definitely going to add another row to my next right-angle weave project, and I want to incorporate different sized beads too.

Red and Black retro chain 
Red and Black yarn woven into a large link-chain.
The tutorial for this here

Rainbow chain with round pearl beads 
Colourful yarn woven into a large link-chain, which is wire-wrapped to hold clear, round beads  

Half-moon and wire
 I created alternating half-moons with seedbeads (I love, love, love them) around the black beads

In this sprint I was also designing a crochet bracelet. That was also pretty easy to get into. When I'm done with it, I'll share a pictureI of the finished product.

I hope you enjoyed today's post, and please leave a comment, let me know what you think, and I would like to see how you get on with designing your own armcandy.


See you soon and enjoy being creative! 

No comments:

Post a Comment